Finance Business Partner
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 11/10/2021
Duration: 15 months FTC
Salary: £46,934 - £53,355 per annum*
Allen Lane are delighted to be working exclusively with Kings College University on the recruitment of a Finance Business Partner. This 15 months fixed term contract role will play a pivotal role in the promoting strong financial support to the research function and make sure they meet their operational and strategic objectives.
Finance Business Partner – Key duties
- Work closely with the Research Budget holders to provide support around budget reporting and advice around budget management
- Regular monitoring of budgets to make sure they meet their performance objectives
- Lead on annual budget setting
- Maintain and improve the model that recommends which of the core research facilities should be listed in the annual TRAC return, in order to optimize research overhead recovery.
- Work on improving reporting on utilisation and cost recovery of core research facilities.
- Work with the Pre- and Post-Award teams to improve processes and optimise cost recovery from research grants.
- Develop a consistent approach for the presentation of long-term financial plans
- Be a key part of the Central Management Accounts team, sharing best-practice and contributing to the culture of high performance.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- A qualified accountant with experience of management accounting.
- Previous experience of finance business partnering
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of the Higher education sector is desirable although not essential
In return the University offer
- Hybrid working – 2 days office based and 3 days at home – However this could change depended on the needs of the department
- Generous pension and holiday entitlement
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s leading Universities. This role will close on the 30th October so please do send your CV asap if you would like to express an interest in this role.
*including London weighting allowance