Principal Business Analyst
Sector: Central Government
Location: Bristol or Manchester
Date posted: 02/03/2022
Salary: £60,500 - £65,308 per annum
Are you ready to join a Government department undergoing an exciting and significant Digital Transformation? Cabinet Office are seeking the appointment of a permanent Principle Business Analyst to help support the ambition to make UK Government digital services the best in the world.
This role sits within the Change and Deliver team in the CDIO. They are responsible for leading and supporting the delivery of excellent digital services and digital transformation changes with business units across the Cabinet Office. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects from high profile public-facing sites to internal digital transformation projects.
As a Principal Business Analyst you will work as part of a multidisciplinary agile team with other digital and policy experts to deliver one or more complex digital services. You will be responsible for owning the main stakeholder relationships, investigating and analysing complex problems and designing opportunities for service and business process improvement.
You will have line management responsibilities for other business analysts in the team and be a leader in the BA community, proactively sharing knowledge, mentoring others and being seen as a go-to person in their field.
- work as part of multidisciplinary agile teams, delivering new services that meet user needs and Cabinet Office policy objectives
- provide guidance and input into understanding and modelling complex business processes and will help to set standards for best practice techniques in modelling and requirements elicitation across the function
- develop and manage senior stakeholder relationships, both within the department and across government
- work with product and service owners, providing insights to agree appropriate priorities, to shape and influence work that aligns with the strategic drivers, using evidence and data to drive prioritisation
- work closely with user researchers to understand user needs, and play a prominent role in detailing requirements, with the appropriate use of epics, features, user stories and defined acceptance criteria, documenting both user and business needs
- champion and consult on agile methodologies and best practice, setting standards within the function on agile principles, methods and tools
- ensure business requirements are fully understood by delivery teams and work with them to support the delivery of the requirements through planning, implementation and testing
- liaise with technical architects to identify and select appropriate technical solutions based on a deep understanding of requirements
- carry out functional testing of completed user stories, ensuring services meet requirements and other internal standards, documenting and managing defects as they arise
- line manage other business analysts in the team and champion professional learning and development
- lead the business analysis community within the Cabinet Office, set standards across your function, sharing knowledge and mentoring others
- contribute to the wider community in Government Digital Services and across government, helping to set strategic direction regarding new ways of working, methodologies and lessons to be learned from industry best practice.
Essential skills and experience:
- a deep understanding of agile, and experience working in dynamic fast paced agile environments, collaboratively and openly with others
- experience working with stakeholders to elicit business requirements and modelling complex business processes
- creation and maintenance of the target operating models and identify the impact on operational service
- experience of documenting user needs and requirements in the form of user stories, acceptance criteria and scenarios
- ability to support product and service owners to maintain and prioritise product backlogs, using evidence and data to drive prioritisation
- experience working with backlog and defect tracking tools such as JIRA
- strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- passion for building digital services using user-centred approaches
- people management experience, including experience operating as a line manager and matrix management of other business analysts
- experience running multiple products or services and large scale programmes
Desirable skills and experience:
- experience in defining and interpreting web analytics
- experience of software testing including acceptance test automation, smoke tests and BDD
- familiarity with the Digital Service Standard
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Business analysis
- Stakeholder management
- Agile working
This is a rolling campaign. Sifting of CV’s and interviews will be held weekly. Please submit your CV immediately.
Applicants will be required to provide an up to date CV and supporting statement (up to 1,250 words) detailing how you meet the requirements and behaviours listed above. You will also provide a completed diversity form.
View the full job description here.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cabinet Office are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organisation. You can find out more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion and read our equal opportunities statement on our Diversity and Inclusion page.
Please note that this role requires SC clearance, which would normally require 5 years’ UK residency in the past 5 years. This is not an absolute requirement but supplementary checks may be required where individuals have not lived in the UK for the required period. This may mean that your security clearance (and therefore your appointment) will take longer or, in some cases, not be possible.