Date posted: 10/11/2021
Salary: £50,000 per annum
Allen Lane is delighted to again be partnering Imperial College in the recruitment of a Finance Analyst, a key post with broad oversight of Imperial’s finances involving exposure to senior management and committee members.
Are you a reporting guru? Do you have experience in transforming reporting landscapes using PowerBI or other reporting solutions to create dashboards that inform decision making?
We are seeking to recruit a Finance Analyst within the Management Reporting team at Imperial College. This high-profile role provides the successful applicant with a unique opportunity to understand how the finances of the College work and to work closely with key stakeholders across functions.
The team delivers financial management reports to both key external stakeholders and the College’s senior leadership team, ensuring these meet their needs and are produced in an efficient manner.
This role is integral to the College’s monthly and annual reporting cycles. The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of financial reports, analysis, and associated narrative to senior management to inform decision making and to drive forward improvements in our reporting environment.
A key part of the role is to develop the quality of information in our systems by identifying and removing data weaknesses and process inefficiencies.
Duties and responsibilities
As Finance Analyst, you will:
- Prepare analysis and reports that enable the business management to effectively challenge costs and inform decision-making
- Provide advice and guidance on the content of business performance reports and the causes of variances
- Work with College wide colleagues to gather data and evidence as required to support narrative descriptions.
- Identify data weaknesses and understand their source to assist in the development of improved control over the integrity of data.
- Develop written material that is easily understood to influence business partners and management; effectively respond to impromptu questions and simplify complex information to ensure understanding
- Develop the College-wide financial reporting solutions by standardising regular reporting and centralising reporting that is currently performed by Departments and/or Faculties as necessary
- Own and manage the student fee income recognition processes.
- Manage the process for calculating facility charge-out rates to be used when costing research proposals.
- Contribute to the Annual Report and Accounts by incorporating the in-year narrative reporting of the College’s performance into the Finance Review section.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Post qualification experience of variance, trend and financial analysis and narrative reporting
- Experience of Reporting solutions (Oracle, Essbase, Power BI)
- FRS 102 accounting standard knowledge
- Data driven approach to problem resolution
- High proficiency in Excel
- Ability to critically appraise processes and reports and identify improvements
- Experience of advising and influencing senior internal stakeholders
- Drive and inquisitive nature to fully investigate variances and resolve any issues identified
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration and relationship building
- Eye for detail and willing to take ownership for the quality of information presented
- Ability to write clear and insightful reports, able to present information clearly and concisely to achieve impact
- Ability to understand how your actions, thoughts or emotions affect you and others
Allen Lane has been retained by Imperial College on an exclusive basis. Should you require any further details on the role please contact Andy Thomas at Allen Lane email@example.com or 07769 288377.