IT Procurement Manager
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 11/11/2021
Salary: £60,000 per annum
The role will involve supporting the Director of Procurement in the ongoing development of a strategic and professional procurement team that acts as a centre of commercial expertise.
A primary objective of the role is to support the delivery of measurable cost savings and efficiencies on third party IT related expenditure including both business as usual and key transformational projects.
Key to this role will be building strong and effective relationships with the Digital Transformation Director, IT Operations Director and the Chief Information Officer to deliver a pipeline of projects in support of the business wide Change and Transformation Programme.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate extensive technical knowledge and experience in public sector procurement, especially surrounding the delivery of IT specific procurement utilising various over threshold ‘OJEU’ and framework routes to market. The role requires advanced stakeholder management and influencing skills as well as an ability to deliver parallel projects to constricted timescales.
- Procurement experience within Public/Charitable/Not-For-Profit Sectors – DESIRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrable experience of leading on a range of successful over threshold ‘OJEU’ procurements utilising a range of procedures i.e. open, restricted, competitive dialogue, etc.
- Practical knowledge of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- In-depth knowledge of IT procurement, including software, hardware and IT related services, including but not limited to the following areas: CRM; ERP; telephony; data integration; asset management systems; cloud based technology; P2P; hardware refreshes etc.
- Extensive experience of delivering cost savings and efficiencies through procurement and supply chain activity.
- Proven ability to identify cost saving opportunities through well-developed spend analysis and category management skills.
- Well-developed relationship management and influencing skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Strong literacy, numeracy skills and the ability to produce high quality written reports and procurement strategies that are tailored to the recipient.
- Understanding of supply chain logistics.
- Experience of sustainable procurement and aware of the relevant laws surrounding social value and the localism agenda.
- Experience of using e-procurement, especially e-tendering software/systems.
- Experience of spend report analysis, able to use pivot tables and glean pertinent data to support the Digital and Transformation Category Strategy
Please apply now for further information and to be considered.