Interim Head of Corporate Finance
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 12/11/2021
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £675 - £750 per day
My client are looking for an experienced local authority accountant who can lead the closedown of the Council’s accounts for and contribute to the development and preparation of the Council’s Medium Term Financial Plan The candidate will also be an experienced manager and leader as they will need to lead an extensive term of staff.
The purpose of this role is to lead the Corporate Finance Service within the Finance Team, including:
- External reporting, including leading the closedown process and preparation of the Council’s statements of account.
- Strategic financial planning
- Capital financing/accounting support (support to the Capital Programme Board)
- Treasury Management
- VAT & Insurances
- Finance system support
- Financial Transactional Services
- Leading the closedown of the Council’s accounts and producing the statements of account, ensuring compliance with the appropriate local authority code of practice;
- Liaison with the Council’s external auditor, as required;
- Contributing to and supporting the development and preparation of the Medium Term Financial Plan , including strategic financial planning;
- Supporting the delivery of the Council’s change programme – both supporting other teams as required and the work within the Finance Directorate;
- Managing and leading the Corporate Finance team
- Be a champion for excellent management of financial resources, to promote probity, efficiency, high performance and overall value for money, learning from best practice elsewhere.
- Ensure that officers and members are provided with high quality strategic advice and direction on financial strategies, policy, standards and practices, enabling Services to make timely and well-informed decisions in the knowledge of the impact those decisions will have financially on the Council.
This role will be predominately remote working.