Interim Finance Business Partner
Sector: Local Government
Location: Remote working
Date posted: 16/11/2021
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £475 - £500 per day
A Local Government Agency are urgently looking to recruit to an Interim Finance Business Partner to work across all the Commissioning and partnerships.
- Provide a high standard partnering service to relevant stakeholders ensuring there is sufficient financial understanding and information to allow effective decisions to take place.
- Support strategic decision making by liaising effectively between various stakeholders and utilising robust financial evidence.
- Provide a professional, high quality and responsive finance service that supports and promotes efficient and effective service delivery in line with the client’s objectives and priorities and those of the Chief Finance Officer.
- Provide insightful and accurate analysis of complex financial data whilst communicating the outcomes effectively.
- Promote sound financial management, control, and practices that, comply with the clients Constitution including Financial Regulations, Accounting Codes of Practice and all relevant legislation and government guidance in support of the Chief Officer’s requirements.
- Ensure that efficient and effective information systems are in place, which promote accountability and continuous improvement.
- To work effectively and efficiently with existing and future stakeholders, developing and fostering relationships in order to drive service delivery and fulfil purpose.
- Ensure the business partnering function provides high quality business analysis and advice to senior managers and brings commercial acumen into financial decision making.
- Ensure the function is able to appropriately deal with complex and integrated budgets and adopts efficient and effective practices of financial management.
- Supports the function in providing effective challenge to senior managers to ensure accuracy of financial forecasting and the adoption of management budgetary control actions where necessary.
- Support the Head of Financial Management in the financial scrutiny of all formal decisions and ensure financial comments are included which robustly capture the holistic financial implications of each decision and enable the Chief Finance Officer (or their Deputy) to provide appropriate sign-off or challenge.
- Ensure that financial risks and opportunities are also included within the decision and how these may be mitigated or exploited.
- To place finance at the heart of decision making whilst taking on board the goal of various stakeholders.
- To manage the Accountant to provide support across the Partnering area in Finance.
You will be CCAB qualified and have extensive experience of business partnering, ideally with grants and commissioning experience