Oracle Finance Specialist
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 17/11/2021
Duration: 6 - 12 months
Salary: £400 - £650 per day
This London Local Authority is about to embark on an Oracle Implementation and is looking specifically for support in the area of Finance, with a view to putting a small team together to deliver the work necessary to ensure a full and smooth transition to the new system over the coming year.
We are looking for skilled and experienced candidates at a couple of different levels within the programme to undertake the wide variety of elements involved a new system implementation from an operational and user point of view. Those areas include:
- Providing support and advice on the relevant modules for finance including AP, AR, Payroll and Accounting
- Establishing current processes and procedures and assessing for practical changes and improvements to enhance usage and optimise performance
- Reviewing current relevant data in advance of transfer and led/support the cleansing, clear-down and readiness of transfers
- Assessment of purchasing, spend and invoicing with a view to improving accuracy and processes
- Engagement with users and assessment of necessary changes/enhancements with a view to process improvement
- Support of preparation and rollout from planning to mop-up
The client has indicated a desire candidates who specifically have recent experience of both Oracle (AR and AP in particular) and working with Local Government; as a result candidates who can demonstrate that experience will be prioritised and are significantly more likely to be shortlisted.
As a result, if you are looking for your next challenge and have recently been part of a project team for the implementation of Oracle, we would love to discuss this opportunity with you. Please send a resume and indication of your availability and day rate as soon as possible for assignments likely to start mid-December or January.