Workspace ONE Lead
Sector: Central Government
Location: London / Manchester
Date posted: 24/11/2021
Salary: £49,700 - £66,500 per annum
The Cabinet Office is undergoing a significant Digital Transformation. Over the next three years we aspire to make UK Government digital services the best in the world, meeting or exceeding the benchmark set globally by the best public or private sector standards. For us to meet this ambition we are aiming to further improve the conditions, processes and expertise we have in place to be set up for success. This means we need to go much further and faster and strengthen the delivery of DDaT in government.
To support these ambitions we have established a new Chief Digital Information Office (CDIO) directorate for the Cabinet Office to build on existing strengths. The Cabinet Office CDIO directorate is based on six principles to:
- Build trust by stabilising services and getting the basics right.
- Be the gateway for all non-GDS digital, data and technology services delivered by Cabinet Office.
- Provide impeccable service to our users
- Drive digital, data and technology thought leadership
- Transform ways of working
- Build sustainable capabilities
The role is part of the Technology Pillar which provides, maintains and supports the infrastructure, telephony, network, WiFi, end-user compute, cloud capability and software across the entire Cabinet Office estate. Our user base includes the Cabinet Office, Crown Commercial Services, Estates and Government Property Agency.
The Workspace ONE Lead works within the End User Compute (EUC) team within the Cabinet Office CDIO team. This role is accountable for operating an endpoint management platform that is secure, performance-driven, and minimally intrusive for end-users/corporate devices. This person will also become the technical owner of these tools and will provide L2 and L3 escalation support when necessary for Live Services. The Workspace One Lead will have the responsibility to create and maintain documentation, change management and root cause analysis.
- Support existing Workspace ONE customers with troubleshooting, upgrades and general questions.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new or upgraded hardware/software to ensure proper operation and performance for customers.
- Work with vendors for product enhancement announcements and other issues.
- Utilize basic network skills to help in solving customer UEM issues.
- Be able to identify, access, and use resources for troubleshooting (internet, webinars, etc.).
- Estimate appropriate project deliverables as requested.
- Accurately determine resource requirements for a particular project/task.
- Test, validate, and deploy policies and configurations to endpoints
- Maintain documentation, knowledge articles, and operating procedures
- Manage ticket escalations supporting our endpoint technology stack
- Creating and following device and software lifecycle policies
- Minimize system policies and agent-based footprint on a corporate device
- Maintaining a software service catalog (enterprise App store)
- Provide input and manage a corporate patching policy
Skills and experience
It’s essential that you have:
- Proven experience managing an MDM / EMM solution and SaaS based platforms
- Preferred experience managing Workspace ONE or Airwatch.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication.
- Strong attention to detail, goal-oriented.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience working with Active Directory and related services such as PKI, LDAP and Group Policy.
- Strong experience managing and administering Android and iOS devices.
- Experience implementing planned changes to infrastructure.
- Understanding of Windows 10 and MacOS device management.
- Experience of supporting infrastructure services for a large user base.
In the Civil Service we use our Success Profile Framework to outline expected behaviours and we will use these as part of our wider assessment during the interview process.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Making Effective Decisions
- Changing and Improving
- Delivering at pace
- Communicating and Influencing
Applicants will be required to provide an up to date CV and supporting statement (up to 1,250 words) detailing how you meet the requirements and behaviours listed above. You will also provide a completed diversity form.
View the full job description here.
To apply, please email email@example.com.
Cabinet Office are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organisation. You can find out more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion and read our equal opportunities statement on our Diversity and Inclusion page. CDIO is based in London and Manchester, and you will be working with colleagues across all three sites. CDIO supports flexible working, including a balance between office and home-based working.
Please note that this role requires SC clearance, which would normally require 5 years’ UK residency in the past 5 years. This is not an absolute requirement but supplementary checks may be required where individuals have not lived in the UK for the required period. This may mean that your security clearance (and therefore your appointment) will take longer or, in some cases, not be possible.