Interim Business Reporting Officer
Sector: Local Government
Location: South East
Date posted: 02/12/2021
Duration: 4 months
Salary: £450 - £500 per day
My client, as the UK’s leading community airport, is committed to ensuring that its activities contribute to a beneficial social impact.
The post-holder will be responsible for introducing, developing and managing the integrated reporting and balanced scorecard that demonstrates the economic, social and environmental impact that the company’s activities are having on the communities and the surrounding areas. An integrated report is a concise communication about how an organization’s strategy, governance, performance and prospects, in the context of its external environment, lead to the creation of value in the short, medium and long term.
The post-holder will lead on the management and monitoring of the company’s Community Funding and Community Engagement programmes.
To lead and co-ordinate the implementation of three key reporting frameworks:
- COSO Integrated Reporting
- COSO Enterprise Risk Management
- CSR and Sustainability Reporting
The purpose of adopting these frameworks are to enable the business to effectively report and communicate its purpose and vision and ‘tell its story’ externally so as to attract inward investment.
To implement best practices in risk reporting and risk mitigation to protect the assets of the company and integrate risk into the delivery of the corporate strategy.
To evaluate the corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives, including its sustainability strategy and align with existing external reporting requirements. To determine future ESG requirements where applicable.
- Co-ordinate the full implementation of COSO Integrated Reporting framework within the FY22 Annual report
- Key lead in liaising with operations and communication teams to design and produce the form and content of the external integrated report FY22
- To co-ordinate the implementation of COSO Enterprise Risk Management framework
- Work closely with programme and operational Directors to identify key risks, mitigation, risk appetite and risk tolerance
- Develop quarterly risk reporting procedures
- Implement Internal controls across the business as agreed with Internal Audit and in line with the Comprehensive Audit plan
- Ensure sustainability strategy report is produced in line with GRI and/or other required standards
- Collate and evaluate sustainability information for inclusion in the year end statutory Annual Report (FY22)
You will have a proven background in implementing policy and strategy frameworks in relation to corporate sustainability risk and integrated reporting
This role will be outside ir35 and will mostly remote working subject to business needs