Director of Finance & Planning
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 13/12/2021
Duration: 12 - 15 months FTC
Salary: £85,000 per annum
Allen Lane are delighted to have partnered on an exclusive basis with SOAS University of London in the recruitment of a Director of Finance & Planning for a 12 – 15 month fixed term contract.
SOAS University of London is the leading Higher Education institution in Europe specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Middle East. SOAS is a remarkable institution. With a vast repository of knowledge and expertise in their specialist regions, they are uniquely placed to inform and shape current thinking about the economic, political, cultural, security and religious challenges of our world.
We are looking for an inspirational, collaborative Finance Director to lead on the strategic financial direction of the University and drive a culture of high level financial performance across the Finance & Planning directorate and the wider University.
- Leading a management team of 6 including finance, planning and procurement
- Working closely with the University’s Director and COO to provide sound strategic advice
- Collaboratively working with the senior leadership team to achieve the objectives within the University’s 5 year strategy. Providing financial advice and guidance in regards to strategic financial decision making
- Driving a culture of finance business partnering across the University enabling Budget Holders to take accountability of their budgets whilst working closely with them to coach them in their financial understanding and their role in the broader landscape of the University’s finances
- Lead a culture of “value for money” and financial success. Working collaboratively across the University to make sure the University meets its financial objectives and continued financial growth
- Empowering the directorate management team through a culture of coaching and mentoring, helping them to fufil their full potential in their roles
SOAS recently published its audited accounts for financial year 2020-21 showing continued strengthening of its financial position, due to the continued actions taken to monitor costs and the strong student recruitment achieved in September 2021. This is a key appointment and we are seeking a confident, values driven Finance Director with proven experience of leading a culture of financial accountability and providing sound strategic financial advice. A leadership style that values coaching, mentoring and a commitment to equality and diversity is essential.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this role and would like to join a fantastic, forward thinking organisation then please submit your CV
For an informal conversation please contact our agency partners Simon Winter or Andy Thomas. CV applications will close on Sunday 4th Jan 2022.