Sector: Central Government
Location: Remote working
Date posted: 12/01/2022
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Do you want to be part of a mission-driven team focused on transforming young people’s lives?
My client is a government body for careers education in England focused on modernising careers education and ensuring young people get the best possible start in life and are supported to find their ideal next step.
As a Product Manager, you will be working day to-day on products that will help to improve careers education nationally. You will shape the future of the tools for schools and other key customer groups by delivering product enhancements and shipping new features.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, you will be a key member of their Data & Digital team.
The organisation empower their product managers to understand user needs and solve difficult problems, while ensuring that their products support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Your track record working with delivery teams, and your highly collaborative approach with colleagues and stakeholders will ensure that complex feature development is understood, well managed, prioritised and communicated to the wider team, internal stakeholders, and end users.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and continually improving products across the product lifecycle.
- Gathering product feedback from the users and stakeholders and ensuring their needs are considered throughout the delivery process, turning those needs into well designed features that work.
- Developing key features in their products that support the overall product vision.
- Making the case for larger feature development and managing and maintaining product roadmaps.
- Understanding the broader objectives of the company and being able to communicate how their digital products relate to them.
- Providing clarity on product needs to a multi-disciplinary team, delivering improvements to our products in fortnightly sprints, ensuring that planning and estimation are well managed through agile ceremonies and are within financial constraints.
At least 3 years of significant product management experience, ideally working on complex products. However most importantly they look for candidates who have:
- experience working in an agile digital delivery environment experience of briefing and working directly with UX, design and software development teams experience of developing digital product strategies and roadmaps empathy for our users, are inquisitive about their needs and able to identify how changes to our products might support them better
- experience working within compliance, financial, policy or technology constraints experience managing the development of and working directly with large-scale data driven systems experience collaborating and communicating successfully with a wide range of audiences, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences, the ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority, and a demonstrable interest in using analytics and quantitative insight to define and set success metrics.
Candidates looking to work remotely (UK) are encouraged to apply. Office is based in London.
Supporting statement and CV is required for a full application.