Interim Children’s Social Care Improvement Plan Lead
Sector: Local Government
Location: North West
Date posted: 06/01/2022
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £500 - £575 per day
A Local Authority in the North West are currently looking for an Interim Children’s Social Care Improvement Plan Lead.
You will be the lead officer for the development of the response to the Children’s Social Care Improvement Plan & C&YP Plan by ensuring the engagement, participation and effective partnership working of the key stakeholders to enable the delivery of the improvement agenda.
- To oversee the coordination of the Improvement Board and ensure that associated functions are delivered in accordance with the Governance arrangements for C&YP.
- To line manage the Programme Delivery Officers and ensure that all associated functions aligned to the improvement work are delivered.
- To be the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) during Ofsted ILACS Inspections, including Monitoring Visits and DfE Health Checks, and support the Deputy Director, Children’s Social Care in the coordination and preparation for Inspection activity.
- Ensure the effective delivery of relevant multi-agency meetings and forums drive forward the Improvement Agenda
- Ensure the SEF remains updated, compliant and relevant and that it ties into the Improvement Plan for Children’s Social Care.
- Work closely with Heads of Service across the C&YP Directorate and link in with the SEND Transformation & Compliance Service to ensure consistency on information relating to inspection activity
- To continue to respond to and interpret national guidance & legislation, and ensure that key aspects are brought to the attention of the Deputy Director Children’s Social Care and the Children & Young Peoples Service Directorate Management Team.
- To play a key role in ensuring that education, social care and health are fully engaged in the delivery of the improvement plan and the C&YP Plan.
- To work at all times within the Bradford Safeguarding Children’s Board procedures and to promote the welfare and safety of children and young people at all times.
- To work at all times within the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy and seek to eliminate discrimination in all aspects of work.