Director of Strategic Finance
Date posted: 14/01/2022
The Royal Marsden is an innovative and driven NHS Foundation Trust. A world-leading cancer centre specialising in cancer diagnosis, treatment, research and education, their two main hospitals in Chelsea and Sutton improve the lives of over 50,000 cancer patients each year. The mission is simple; to cure more people and improve the quality of life for those living with cancer. With over 4,500 employees, £450m income and an unrivalled reputation for its patient care, the Marsden is making an impact. This is an important appointment and offers the chance to directly affect the Trust’s on-going progress.
Reporting into Marcus Thorman (CFO), the Director of Strategic Finance will play a leading role in developing and implementing strategic initiatives within the Trust alongside operational leads. The position plays a key role in delivering the financial strategy for the Trust to enable sustainability and value for money. This is a critical and high profile role which provides a fantastic career opportunity to make a real difference at the Trust.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic financial leadership to the Trust to ensure financial sustainability.
- Lead on and co-ordinate the longer term financial planning for the Trust, consolidating strategic initiatives and identifying the impact for transformation and efficiency agenda.
- Lead on the development of new business models that deliver core services cross the Trust, ensuring a commercial approach is embedded.
- Work with clinical and divisional leads to innovate in the delivery of services and transformation initiatives.
- Support a high performing team that encourages innovation and best practice in everything they do.
The successful candidate must be a commercially minded, credible, professionally qualified accountant with exemplary leadership skills, high standards and strong attention to detail. You must be a naturally strategic thinker, and a robust, clear communicator to enable you to build effective relationships and influence challenging individuals at all levels, both within and outside of the organisation. We are keen to see candidates from a diverse range of sectors, although having some links to the public sector will be advantageous.
For further information about the role, please view our dedicated candidate pack.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and would particularly encourage applications from women, black, Asian, minority ethnic communities and disabled candidates.
Please contact Adrian Watts from Allen Lane on 0781 629 0865 and by sending in your CV and supporting statement to email@example.com by midnight on Monday 31st January. Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 14th February.