Senior Finance System Analyst – Open Accounts
Location: Watford / Remote working
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 14/01/2022
Duration: 12 months FTC
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Allen Lane are delighted to be working with Action for Children on the next phase of recruitment in an exciting 3 year digital transformation programme.
This is a wonderful opportunity to become part of a leading UK Charity that help hundreds of thousands of children every year across over four hundred services. Their successful reach and impact is reliant on the sound infrastructure that supports their frontline services, including technology and digital. The Senior Finance Systems Analyst vacancy is a back fill role in the team, and is integral in ensuring the BAU work is covered while the existing Senior Systems analyst focuses on the new Finance Cloud system implementation. This is a fantastic opportunity for an Open Accounts experienced Finance Analyst who wants to gain exposure and experience in a new Cloud based system implementation.
- Provide technical expertise to enable resolution of all levels up to major and complex incidents, in accordance with the ITIL Incident Management methodology within the Finance Systems team achieving Service Levels, records and documentation are maintained.
- Be a technical lead within the specialist area of expertise for finance systems development projects, designing and guiding the implementation of their requirements, ensuring an efficient and supportable implementation, including preparation of documentation and training for Finance, Technology and other users of Finance Systems.
- Develop, monitor and regularly test, core Finance systems and their service and disaster recovery procedures, including system recovery, liaising with technology colleagues and 3rd party vendors responding immediately or referring to senior management when risks are identified.
- Manage specialist areas of systems and infrastructure and taking corrective action when service levels are threatened or breached. By designing and developing solutions to maintain the capability, availability, security and supportability of Finance Systems.
- Plan, manage, test, release and implement significant changes to our Finance Systems provision, ensuring that effective change control is maintained, and records and documentation produced.
- Implement and monitor the security of our Finance Systems, and user activity. Responding immediately to threats and breaches, undertaking the appropriate corrective action to maintain security and data protection, and deal with inappropriate use.
- Work with Finance suppliers to ensure the effective delivery of their services and assisting in managing the relationship with them.
- Continue professional development through research and keeping abreast of latest developments and relevant legislation, which can be utilised to provide advice and guidance to maximise the use of Finance Systems and processes and to continuously improve the service provided.
- Operate as the technical lead in the delivery of business change projects within the specialist area(s) of expertise and contributing to continuous improvement programmes.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and directorates to provide the efficient, effective and innovative use of Finance Systems within their functions, to support Finance business processes.
- Significant practical experience of supporting core financial
- accounting systems (must have Open Accounts)
- Experience of working and applying GDPR and cyber security principles.
- Experience in the development of web or database finance applications with experience of the full development lifecycle.
- Proven experience of analysing reporting requirements and producing deliverables (dashboards/reports TMI)
- Proven experience of using 0365 applications, including Word, Sharepoint, OneDrive, Excel to Advanced level, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience delivering system training
- An understanding of the ITIL framework
Benefits: Annual leave of 29 days, plus public holidays, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, annual staff awards, 7% employer contribution pension scheme, employee discount portal with all your favourite brands
Action for Children are committed to allowing employees to work predominantly remotely, therefore candidates must be willing to travel to the Watford office only occasionally.