IT Service Transition & Change Lead
Sector: Central Government
Location: Bootle, Cheltenham or London
Date posted: 14/03/2022
Salary: £41,005- £49,076 per annum*
The Office for Nuclear Regulation is the UK’s independent nuclear regulator, with the legal authority to regulate nuclear safety, security and conventional health and safety at 36 licensed nuclear sites in Great Britain (GB).
In order for ONR to achieve its vision of being a modern, transparent regulator delivering trusted outcomes and value, they need to continue to evolve their technology and this role is key in delivering this.
The IT Service Transition and Change Lead is responsible for ensuring all new & amended services move into the production environment without compromise within the Information Technology & Delivery Directorate (ITDD). The role also ensures that proposed solutions are sustainable, supportable, maintainable, and fit for purpose.
About the Role
The primary responsibility of the IT Service Transition and Change Lead is to liaise with the various business functions to ensure all changes are both delivered in a sustainable fashion and can be implemented without impacting the business by compromising its environments. The role ensures all service transition and change is delivered within the lifecycle of change delivery.
As the lead for service transition and change the role is responsible for the delivery of a great customer experience to the stakeholders. As the lead for all transitions into Operations this role will be responsible for setting and managing the acceptance criteria and setting the standard for IT project delivery.
- Responsible for designing and leading the team to administer the approach for managing IT service transition and change.
- Manage operational readiness review on behalf of ITDD.
- Reporting on service transition, change, category and success rate and taking remedial action in response to any negative trends
- Ensuring service transition resources are in place to support successful service delivery
- Leading the team to instil the change and service transitions processes throughout the organisation and third parties
- Responsible for decision making on change implementation slots
- Ensuring personal knowledge and exposure to change management and service transition methods remains up to date, appropriate and relevant.
- Ensuring that the capacity and capability of the team match its current and future requirements
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation V, or equivalent. In particular, expertise of Service Transition and Change processes.
- AMPG Change Management Foundation Certificate or equivalent
Essential Skills and experience
- Extensive experience of the planning and transition of IT Services into business as usual IT operations. Should have wider exposure to ITIL processes and familiar with IT operational processes.
- Proven experience with project delivery lifecycle and experience of delivering projects using this lifecycle.
- Experience with the deliverables within a Managed Service Operating Model.
- Understanding of project development methodology.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service awareness focus, with the proven ability to make customer-oriented decisions.
- Works collaboratively with a range of people to support the wider business and service delivery agenda.
Desirable Skills and experience
- Experience of resource planning and forecasting for Service Design activities.
- Ability to define and assess financial, regulatory, and reputational risks.
Location / Travel
This post can be based at the Bootle (Merseyside), Cheltenham or London office. But regular travel to the Bootle office will be required.
The majority of staff are currently working from home due to COVID-19. As pandemic restrictions are lifted, there would remain some flexibility to work at home subject to business needs.
Applicants will be required to provide an up to date CV and supporting statement (up to 1,250 words) detailing how you meet the requirements. You will also provide a completed diversity form.
View the full job description here.
To apply, please email ONR@allenlane.co.uk.
Please note that this role requires SC clearance, which would normally require 5 years’ UK residency in the past 5 years. This is not an absolute requirement but supplementary checks may be required where individuals have not lived in the UK for the required period. This may mean that your security clearance (and therefore your appointment) will take longer or, in some cases, not be possible.
*plus a London Weighting allowance of £4,052 if applicable