Interim Project Managers
Sector: Local Government
Location: Remote working
Date posted: 25/01/2022
Duration: 3 months
Salary: £400 - £455 per day
I am currently recruiting to 2 Interim Project Manager roles who will support all aspects of project delivery of an in-sourcing of Joint Ventures and will also assist with other projects where necessary, including (but not limited to):
- Review and further develop the existing delivery plans using MSP (Microsoft Project) and develop and implement new plans and key milestones where they are yet to be defined. Monitor and report on the approved delivery schedule, resource, and cost profile.
- Assist the programme manager and project director, SRO’s and sponsors in the development and approval of project and key decisions required by Cabinet for the delivery.
- Develop robust project plans, risk management, control and change documents and processes to deliver the outcomes set out in the business case, within agreed timelines and constraints. This should include mapping all dependencies both within the project and in related projects or business as usual delivery across the council.
- Manage and monitor workstream leads to ensure the programme is delivered on time and to budget.
- Work collaboratively with project teams, including with HR, finance, IT, legal, procurement, housing and asset management colleagues, to project manage the end-to-end delivery of the project and to ensure appropriate linkages to other transformation, commercial or business as usual projects being undertaken.
- Establish effective governance processes and deliver regular reporting into them to ensure effective oversight, risk and issues management, and change control for the project. Report into other groups as required and attend appropriate meetings.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders to ensure delivery and oversight of the projects and programme, and support effective communication of progress to all stakeholders.
- Work at a rapid pace and where needed build turnaround plans to bring projects back on schedule and within budget.
- Author and coordinate the development of decision-making reports.
Ensure the delivery terms of reference, including all plans, are fully defined, agreed, and documented (PID).
These are urgent roles with a view to commence week commencing 31st Jan.
Only apply if available within 2 weeks max.