Deputy Director Identity and Trust
Sector: Central Government
Location: Blackpool, Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle or Manchester
Date posted: 26/01/2022
Salary: Up to £110,000 per annum
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) are seeking a permanent Deputy Director Identity and Trust to be accountable for ensuring our customers are served safely and securely.
Joining one of the newest Directorates in DWP Digital, this role will provide the platform to operate across government and contribute to the ‘One Login for Government’ solution and a viable ‘Trust Framework’ underpinning it, whist developing and delivering interim identity and trust solutions for DWP’s 20 million customers. If you are passionate about Identity and Trust, this is an opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and dynamic environment.
There have never been more opportunities to work collectively and creatively as a profession to respond to the changing needs and expectations of millions of people and deliver services that are simple and easy to use. The digital, data and technology profession comprises 17,000 colleagues across government, (around 1,700 of whom sit within DWP) and is rapidly scaling up nationwide in line with our strategy.
DWP Digital recognise that living and working in the UK requires people to navigate a complex and interlinked world where online services are increasingly becoming the norm. The citizen of the twenty-first century expects services that are simple to use, accessible and personalised, secure and yet interconnected. They expect to be able to share data about themselves in real time but only with their permission and they want to be able to traverse channels seamlessly.
We are on a transformation journey to evolve from an organisation built around the delivery of primarily paper based processes to an organisation powered by the internet, whist remaining inclusive and available to all given the DWP supports the most vulnerable people in our society.
As Deputy Director Identity and Trust, key responsibilities include:
- Own and drive the DWP Identity Policy to support and enable the business to deliver for its customers in a safe and secure way
- Own, refresh and deliver the Identity Strategy through adapting to developments in government and outside industry and leading the Identity Leadership team to turn theory into reality
- Translate the understanding of the Identity and Trust Portfolio in to Spending Review bids to ensure funding is secured to progress the Identity agenda in DWP and wider Government
- Play a leading role in shaping, supporting and championing the Cabinet One Login for Government and Inclusive Identity agenda
- Define and manage budgets
- Provide re-useable common components within the DWP Application Reference Architecture that enable remote Identity Verification and Fraud, Error and Debt Prevention across multiple channels
- Ensure compliance of design and delivery across DWP Digital, DWP Change, Government Digital Services and any other related Governance requirements
- Enable Business Transformation by providing proportionate Identity Solutions across all channels that support automation and straight through processing
- Transition new services into live environments and ensure they are supported by a fully effective and appropriately resourced Service Management Team
- Develop capability within the hub and promote a safe environment of continuous improvement
- Build and maintain quality relationships with a wide range of stakeholders –internally and externally –with the objective of ensuring that Identity is seen as the ‘gateway’ to DWP and enabler for enhanced customer service, automation and straight through processing
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
- Experience of delivering multifaceted Digital solutions and services, with particular emphasis on Identity Verification and Trust solutions, across large complex organisations or the Public Sector
- Understanding of wide scale Identity agendas, standards and the Digital Trust Framework
- Experience of engaging and influencing key stakeholders on cross-sector, government or industry initiatives
- Managing relationships with Senior leaders and other organisations, and experience of drafting briefings for senior colleagues (up to Permanent Secretary, Secretary of State or board level)
- Evidence of leading large multi-disciplinary teams to deliver complex portfolios of work, with a proven track record of fostering Diversity and Inclusion
- Proven track record of building capability and nurturing a culture of transparency and well-being
- Proven track record of managing large budgets
Desirable criteria include experience of Finance and Commercial processes, and an understanding of Fraud and Error threats in complex organisations.
Please view the candidate pack for further details on the role and additional information on the DWP.
The DWP are open to applicants from all backgrounds and sectors. Prior Civil Service experience is not a pre-requisite, however, applicants must demonstrate the ability to operate a scale in a complex environment. The DWP are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organisation.
Applicants will be required to provide an up to date CV and supporting statement (up to 1,250 words) detailing how you meet the role’s requirements. You will also provide a completed diversity form.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 20th February at 23:55.
To apply, please email DWP@allenlane.co.uk.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain security clearance (SC) level clearance before taking up post. This role can be based in the following DWP Hub locations: Blackpool, Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle or Manchester. This role is suitable for hybrid working, which is where an employee works part of the week in their DWP office and part of the week from home.