Audit Principal (Multiple)
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 02/02/2022
Salary: £42,660 - £63,868 per annum
Allen Lane are delighted to be supporting the National Audit Office (NAO) in their recruitment to multiple permanent Audit Principal vacancies.
This is a great time to join the National Audit Office which is right at the heart of government. At the National Audit Office, you will see the inside of a wide range of critical government organisations. These range from high profile departments like the Department of Health, the Ministry of Defence and the Department for Work and Pensions, to other important organisations, like the BBC, Forestry Commission and the Commission for Equality and Human Rights.
The Audit Principals will lead the NAO’s most complex engagements and manage their smaller engagements to deliver a portfolio of work which leads to the certification of their clients’ annual reports and accounts. You will deliver high quality and cutting-edge audit work, as well as value-for-money studies and investigations.
Main responsibilities include:
- Lead a complex, challenging portfolio of work including supporting the work and development of others.
- Using technical knowledge and ability to manage tasks and projects to deliver high quality work across our financial audit practice.
- Use your professional judgement to assess the quality and validity of audit evidence and challenge where greater assurance is needed.
- Contributing to the development of our approach to financial audit, and supporting improvements in our audit methodology.
- Relevant financial qualification (CCAB) with recent post-qualification experience in leading external audit engagements.
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to deliver high quality audit work.
- The ability to lead, develop and motivate diverse teams and support all colleagues to deliver great work.
- Experience of IFRS and international standards on auditing.
Applicants will be required to provide an up to date CV and supporting statement (maximum of 2 pages) detailing how you meet the requirements and why you wish to join the National Audit Office. This is a rolling campaign given multiple vacancies are available, so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*£52,629-£63,868 per annum (London), £42,660-£57,929 (Newcastle)