Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 24/02/2022
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Salix Finance Ltd are recruiting for a Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
Salix is a non-department public body owned wholly by HM Government, creating an exciting opportunity for finance professionals with expertise in both the public and private sector. Salix’s purpose is the provision of finance to Public Sector Organisations to support the development of greenhouse gas reduction projects. This role will therefore suit a Management Accountant keen to look to both the financial future and the future of the climate.
Salix’s principle business since 2004 has been with the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), as well as the Department of Education and the Welsh and Scottish Governments. Salix has supported BEIS launch multiple ground-breaking schemes such as the Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme (PSDC) and Public Sector Low Carbon Skills Fund (PSLCF), these schemes align with BEIS’ mission to encourage green investment and support the governments net-zero and clean growth goals.
Due to the success of the company and resultant growth, they are now seeking a Management Accountant to report into the Senior Management Accountant with the purpose of supporting all aspects of financial management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with stakeholders to produce monthly management accounts
- Support the preparation of monthly forecasts
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
- Contribut to the continuous improvement of financial systems and processes
- Preparation of statutory financial statements
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- Candidates must be CIMA / ACCA or ACA qualified, preferably with experience in a Management Accountant role
- Highly competent using Excel, Word, Power Point and SUN
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Experience working with confidential information is desirable
As well as helping the climate, Salix is dedicated to developing their staff. With over 100 employees they have an emphasis on their team spirit, running a comprehensive induction programme to support staff to be successful at work and winning the Investors in People Gold Award.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.