Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
Location: Southbank Centre
Date posted: 08/03/2022
Southbank Centre is the UK’s largest arts centre and one of the UK’s top five visitor attractions, occupying a 17 acre site that sits in the midst of London’s most vibrant cultural quarter on the South Bank of the Thames. We exist to present great cultural experiences that bring people together and we achieve this by providing the space for artists to create and present their best work and by creating a place where as many people as possible can come together to experience bold, unusual and eye-opening work. We want to take people out of the everyday, every day.
The site has an extraordinary creative and architectural history stretching back to the 1951 Festival of Britain. Southbank Centre is made up of the Royal Festival Hall, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Purcell Room and Hayward Gallery as well as being home to the National Poetry Library and the Arts Council Collection. It is also home to four Resident Orchestras (London Philharmonic Orchestra, Philharmonia Orchestra, London Sinfonietta and Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment) and four Associate Orchestras (Aurora Orchestra, BBC Concert Orchestra, Chineke! Orchestra and National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain).
We are looking for a dynamic and insights-driven Head of Financial Planning and Analysis to work across the organisation to provide improved business performance, lead the production of existing management accounts and the revision, development and implementation of new management information and business intelligence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the Business Partner team to ensure relevant financial and non-financial information is recorded and communicated on a timely basis to enable effective monitoring, planning, decision making and financial control;
- Leading the planning and budgeting processes to ensure future plans are developed in line with financial objectives over the short and medium term planning horizon;
- Providing clear, effective and visible line management to the Business Partner team of three, mentoring and supporting them to provide a first class service to budget holders, empower and enable them to identify and implement improvements and develop them within the team and organisation ;
- Ensuring effective communication throughout the organisation including Board, Executive, departmental Budget holders and external stakeholders through formal and informal reporting, meetings and presentations (including to the Leadership Team and Finance, Audit and Risk Committee);
- Promoting change and innovation, seeking continuous improvement and optimising the use of technology in financial and other systems to ensure effective and efficient processes throughout the organisation.
The successful candidate must be a professionally qualified accountant with a driven and proactive approach and robust technical skills from the Charity, Commercial or wider Public Sector. You will have a strong sense of commercial acumen and an analytical mind-set. You will be change-focussed and proactively seek change to improve performance and processes. You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and develop staff that you manage and build rapport with a range of finance and non-finance persons across the organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual with a passion for what the Southbank Centre do. If you feel you have the right skills we would love to hear from you.
For further information, please visit our dedicated microsite here: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/southbankcentre
We present work for everyone and we welcome applications from everyone. By attracting people to work for us from a broad range of backgrounds with diverse attitudes, opinions and beliefs, we can continue to look at the world with fresh eyes and find new ways of doing things.
To apply, please send your CV and Supporting Statement to SouthbankCentre@allenlane.co.uk . For an informal conversation about the role, please contact our exclusive recruitment partner Bryony Thomas on 07921334625 / email@example.com