Sector: Central Government
Location: Newcastle / Coventry / Bristol / Liverpool / Remote
Date posted: 10/03/2022
Duration: 6 - 12 months
Salary: £600 - £700 per day
Our central government client needs a number of solution architects to bolster their current capability. They are undergoing a significant transformation programme, which aims to enhance their current services, improve their way of working and embrace new technologies and solutions.
You will work with delivery and operational teams, technology teams, the Government Digital Service ( GDS) to define architecture solutions and advise on technology choices for SaaS and commercial software packages.
With the choice of working hubs in Newcastle, Coventry, Bristol, Liverpool or remotely, you will need the following skill set:
- A sound knowledge of architecture methodologies and frameworks and experience of their applicaton
- Experience of modern IT paradigms including event-based architecture design, containerisation, microservices and loose coupling
- A good understanding of a broad range of technologies including development and specification languages (such as HTML/CSS, C# .Net and .NET Core, Java), transactional databases and DWHs, as well as some experience of NoSQL (such as CosmosDB and MongoDB) and CI/CD tools (such as Terraform and Jenkins)
- Experience of an API-first and services-led design approach, with the ability to use business requirements, user stories, data standards, and integration patterns to help to define services and APIs
- A sound knowledge of cloud technologies, cloud hosting, container, serverless, and networking design patterns, tools and best practice (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Deadline for CVs: 16th March