Platform Specialist (User Collaboration)
Sector: Local Government
Location: London | Remote working
Date posted: 25/03/2022
Salary: Up to £65,000 per annum
Allen Lane is supporting a London Borough in their search for a permanent Platform Specialist, specifically focusing on the User Collaboration Service to join the IT Team.
The post holder will be responsible for configuring and managing the Office 365 environment and automating tasks using PowerShell. They will be resolving incidents, investigating and solving problems and liaising with other teams and third parties to ensure proper implementation of all user collaboration related solutions.
The purpose of the role will be to support the creation and implementation of Council policies for the full Office 365 product suite, and provide ongoing administrative end user support and management of Office 365 services including Email, OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint and PowerShell scripting. The post holder also will be developing plans and implementing a move of desktops to Microsoft Endpoint Manager, and be the main escalation point for on-site support staff to resolve Office 365 issues and problems.
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree level education, or relevant career experience
- In-depth understanding and subject matter expertise of Office 365, Windows Server Technologies, Exchange Online, Active Directory (AD) & Azure AD
- Production experience (circa 2000 plus users) in managing SCCM, InTune, EndPoint Manager and other end user device management technologies.
- Basic SharePoint development skills and experience in promoting Microsoft user collaboration tools within an organisation.
- Basic understanding of firewall and layer 3 networking.
Applicants should have good interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence in client teams and provide an efficient and client centred service.
You will be able to demonstrate good communication skills (verbal and written), and be able to communicate effectively with managers and employees across the Council, and with professional ICT practitioners and external agencies and suppliers.
The post holder will be able to work remotely in the main, with only occasional days spend in the office.
To register your interest in this role, please send your CV as soon as possible.