Head of IT Services
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 28/03/2022
Salary: Up to £76,500 per annum
Are you an experienced Head of IT Services looking for an opportunity to play a key role in leading a civil service organisation through a digital transformation? NS&I are bringing their technology services in house, giving them greater ownership over how they will transform the way they work.
The Head of IT Services is responsible for setting the strategy for technology service management, ensuring alignment with broader operational and SIAM governance requirements, overseeing NS&I’s service providers to assure they are delivering the technology services effectively to meet NS&I’s operational demand, and ensuring technology operational processes work across a multi-supplier operation model. This applies both to transformational delivery programmes that change NS&I’s core operating model and legacy IT estate.
Strategy and Operating model for I&T Services
- Working with the Assistant Director, I&T ensure that the I&T service vision and strategy are clearly defined, understood and aligned to NS&I’s IT Strategy.
- Building the I&T service function to provide capability to operate in future multisupplier model
- Optimising the governance for the I&T service operations across both the current BAU operating model and the future multi-supplier SIAM governance model
- Contributing to the strategic planning and budgeting processes to ensure technology services are adequately provisioned.
Ensure the I&T solutions Operations meet NS&I business needs
- Ensuring IT solutions are operated robustly and meet Service Level Agreements
- Analyzing current IT solutions and environment and driving continuous improvement to aid operational efficiency.
- Working with I&T Delivery and other key stakeholders to ensure seamless transition from development to live services.
- Contributing to portfolio planning and operational governance to assure change proposals follow the right sequence resolving technical interdependencies
- Ensuring the I&T services will deliver business outcomes and integrates with the IT strategy and roadmap.
- Owning the identification, remediation and reporting of the risks related to I&T services pillar.
Manage the technology services of 3rd party service partners and outsourced IT service providers to ensure the optimal operation of technology solutions
- Overseeing service delivery partners in supporting, delivering and improving IT services to meet NS&I’s requirements.
- Being accountable for the operational assets across the multi-supplier model to provide accurate asset information including the configuration and resilience aspects
- Being responsible for overseeing disaster recovery tests, backup and restore, application management procedures and run books across the multi-supplier estate
- Being responsible for the operation of NS&I technology landscape for employee service operations and Hybrid working.
- Being accountable for identification and remediation of the root cause of an IT incident, and determining the best way to eliminate future occurrences.
Provide leadership and management of the I&T Service team
- Manage a team of Tech Operation Leads and Service Assurance Leads.
- Develop, recruit, train, and delegate duties to members of the I&T Service team.
- Promote service management good practice to other business leaders.
- Identify requirements for team structures, cultural change, resources and capacity to support technology services.
- Significant knowledge and experience in Operational and ICT management roles in an outsourced business environment or public sector in a regulated and compliant environment.
- Experience working with external IT assurance companies and IT auditors.
- Experience of managing relationships with important senior stakeholders, providing an arbitration for internal and external service suppliers in a multi-supplier environment.
- Significant experience in implementing an industry IT service management framework (including incident management, setting policies and standards) into numerous environments.
- Significant experience in driving direction on which service management tools or methods to use for meeting needs of internal users and service suppliers.
- ITIL Service Management Framework qualification at a practitioner level and certification.
- Expert knowledge on service management tools (CMDB, Reporting, Service Now
- In-depth knowledge of service transition, SIAM and operational acceptance criteria.