SEO Management Reporting Accountant
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 30/03/2022
Salary: £40,451 - £46,458 per annum*
Allen Lane are delighted to be partnered with the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in their search for a new Management Reporting Accountant (SEO).
The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) enhances and improves the health of millions of people every day through the effective regulation of medicines and medical devices, underpinned by science and research. The agency is made up of c.1300 staff working across two main centres in London and across the UK and abroad.
The Agency is undergoing a period of significant change; driving towards becoming a modern and accountable regulator. The team will contribute to this change by supporting the Agency in its decision making, in improving business performance and financial management.
We are looking for an experienced Management Accountant who will lead the production and interpretation of the Monthly management Reports and the provision of monthly financial information, as well as having accountability for the production of timely and accurate Management Accounts and Ad-hoc reports to agreed finance timetable.
Alongside this, but not limited to, the successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Month-end Process – Ensure an efficient month-end process and delivery to a planned schedule to including processing of accruals and monthly charges.
- Lead the team in the production and distribution of monthly financial reports to required timescales, providing accurate, relevant and timely management information.
- Support the Financial Accounts Manager in the production of the annual report and accounts, including verifying and re-writing the audited disclosure notes.
- Take responsibility for material journal adjustments and accruals; ensure all adjustments are approved and posted within required timescales.
- Provide assurance on the integrity of transactions on financial systems, ensuring good controls and checks are in place to maintain accuracy.
- Produce high quality ad-hoc reports and insightful management information for senior managers as required from time to time.
- Advising on the correct accounting of complex financial transactions to ensure Management reports comply with relevant Financial Accounting Standards.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Attributes required for this post include, but are not limited to;
- Hold a relevant CCAB, CIMA or equivalent qualification (or training towards this i.e. Part-Qualified with extensive experience).
- Having experience of Public Sector Financial Accounting gained in a Central Government Department, ALB or similar would be advantageous.
- Substantial experience of Management Accounting.
- Experience of managing a team to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Substantial knowledge of ERP platform e.g. (SAP / Oracle Fusion) to produce management or financial accounts.
- Understanding of International Accounting Standards.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to liaise with staff at all levels, as well as strong communication and presentation skills.
The Management Reporting Accountant (SEO) vacancy is open to applicants with all sector backgrounds.
In order to apply, applicants must provide a CV and supporting statement (up to 1,250 words) by Sunday 24th April 2022 at 23:59, emailed to MHRA@allenlane.co.uk
*plus accountancy allowance