SEO Accounts Receivable Manager
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 30/03/2022
Salary: £40,451 - £46,458 per annum*
Allen Lane are delighted to be partnered with the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in their search for a new Accounts Receivable Manager (SEO).
The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) enhances and improves the health of millions of people every day through the effective regulation of medicines and medical devices, underpinned by science and research. The agency is made up of c.1300 staff working across two main centres in London and across the UK and abroad.
The Agency is undergoing a period of significant change; driving towards becoming a modern and accountable regulator. The team will contribute to this change by supporting the Agency in its decision making, in improving business performance and financial management.
The accounts receivables team is part of Finance Operations function and is responsible for billing and collections of payments due to the Agency. The purpose of this role is to provide strategic leadership and management to the Accounts Receivables area ensuring it meets key performance metrics such as billing, error-free processing, efficient cash allocation and timely settlement of debtors, whilst providing high quality service to internal and external customers. This role is also responsible for developing and improving processes and controls in the function.
Alongside this, but not limited to, the successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Ensure that the AR team function is operating efficiently and effectively, in accordance with the Agencies’ Debt Management Strategy principles and that robust systems of control are in place.
- Focus on streamlining current collection processes and implementing changes in policies where necessary.
- Lead on and support any internal projects and process and system changes to improve the efficiency of the O2C process.
- Manage monthly bad debt reporting ensuring all provisions are in line with current agreed policies and that they are fully explainable to Senior management.
- Work closely with the Billing teams to ensure all billing runs are produced promptly and accurately.
- Manage the full Credit Control function across multiple business operating areas.
- Manage, train, and develop current AR team (4+).
- Manage the relationship and output of the agency’s debt collections agencies.
- Lead month-end close activities for the receivable’s ledger, ensuring the ledger is closed and reconciled to timetable.
- Prepare the year-end transactions schedules for the purposes of external audit and to be the first point of contact in the team for auditor’s queries.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Attributes required for this post include, but are not limited to;
- Experience of Credit Control and complex Accounts Receivable Ledger management.
- Substantial experience of leading Financial Transactions teams with a demonstrable track record of managing change and improving performance through technical know-how and analytical skills.
- Proven leadership and management skills coupled with excellent interpersonal skills to deliver complex and sensitive information to various stakeholder groups.
- Substantial knowledge of credit control and debt management strategies.
- Have strong knowledge of Oracle Fusion or similar accounting systems.
- Substantial knowledge of Order to Cash end to end processes and applicable financial controls and how to implement these.
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel macros, Pivot tables, VBA.
The Accounts Receivable Manager (SEO) vacancy is open to applicants with all sector backgrounds.
In order to apply, applicants must provide a CV and supporting statement (up to 1,250 words) by Sunday 24th April 2022 at 23:59, emailed to MHRA@allenlane.co.uk
*plus accountancy allowance